WE RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING CALIBERS AND AMMUNITION
- Buffalo, Rhino and Elephant hunting min caliber of 375mm is required.
- Lions, Leopard, Antelopes and medium game: Calibers 7mm, 300 or 30-06 will be sufficient.
- Big game 40 full metal jacket cartridges, as well as 40 soft point cartridges are required.
- Medium game: At least 80 soft point cartridges.
- Animals you wish to hunt must be specified when you do your booking. Hunters from countries which are signatory to CITES Convention, must bring a photocopy of the original CITES permit for leopard, Elephant Crocodile, Lion, Hippo and all cats and primates.
- CITES permits can be obtained from the Federal Wildlife Permit Office, PO Box 3654, Arlington VA 22203, Tel: 800-358-2104
- If you need any assistance, please call Motshwere Safaris: +27 73 821 8257
- As any Safari is potentially hazardous, Motshwere Safaris accepts no responsibility for death, injury of illness sustain of suffered by any persons of loss, theft of damage to property occurring during a visit under the control. Therefore is it essential that all lawful direction and advice of the Safari operator is followed. Important to note that some hospitalization plans do not cover a patient in a foreign country. Insurance is the responsibility of the visitor.
- No Visa is required, but a valid passport is needed for coming to South Africa.
- Importing of hunting weapons to South Africa is free (declarations at customs upon arrival is necessary) Legislation government International flights demands that rifles and ammunition be transported in lockable cases.
Vaccination information is available from the National Disease Control Centre at:1-888-232-3299
*Malaria FREE area but it is required for sight seeing in the Kruger National Park
Space and weight is always a problem. Your laundry will be washed every day, so please pack light. The first given below is basic indication what you should bring. Only dark colored Khaki, brown olive and camouflage colors are best for safaris. Please ensure that the clothes are noise free.
- Hat with brim. ( Motshwere will provide a baseball cap)
- 1 Pair medium duty gloves for cool mornings.
- 1 Pair well worn, flat smooth sole hunting shoes. (No non aggressive smooth tread).
- 1 Pair gaiters (helps keep seeds & grass from getting into your boots).
- 1 Pair flip-flops or sandals.
- 1 Waterproof windbreaker.
- 1 Hunting jacket.
- 1 Pullover sweater.
- 2 Pairs cotton pants.
- 2 Pairs Long sleeved shirts.
- 2 Pairs of shorts.
- 2 Short sleeve shirts.
- 2 T- shirts.
- 4 Changes underwear and socks.
- Tooth brush, toothpaste & dental floss
- Anti-per spirant or deodorant & cologne
- Hair brush / Comb
- Extra contact lenses, contact solution & contact lens case
- Shaving cream & razors
- Tweezers, finger nail clippers & small scissors
- Lip balm
- Insect Repellent & sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher recommended)
- Personal first aid kid & medical kit
- 90% of the clients use Delta Airlines.
- Arrival – Johannesburg International: OR – Thambo International.
- Mothswere Safaris Employee will wait for you at the Airport.
- Packages Include: Pick up and Drop Off at the Airport.
- Email Airline Ticket to [email protected] a month before arrival.